Benefits of a Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a treatment that increases the oxygen in your body. There are many reasons that this treatment may be necessary for you and many ways in which it can help you be at your best health.
At Lipogenex Anti-Aging Center, Dr. Emmanouil Karampahtsis, NMD, and his team are here to make you feel young and rejuvenated. That’s why we’re proud to provide you with the latest treatments and procedures. Here’s more information on the benefits of hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatments.
How hyperbaric oxygen therapy works
Also called HBO or HBOT, hyperbaric oxygen therapy works by using increased and quick bursts of oxygen to provide treatment. When you have an HBO treatment, you’re placed in a hyperbaric chamber, which is spacious, with window openings.
In the hyperbaric chamber, we increase the air pressure to three times higher than what’s in the atmospere. The change in pressure helps your lungs absorb more oxygen, in turn increasing the levels of oxygen in your blood. The oxygen-rich blood is then fed to all of the cells throughout your body.
This is helpful because higher levels of oxygen in your bloodstream mean the release of natural substances in your body like your own stem cells, which stimulate the healing process. This phenomenon also helps fight certain bacteria and infection in your body. Take into account that each of the 37.2 trillion cells in your body requires a new supply of oxygen at all times to maintain survival.
Promoting health and wellness
There are a few ways that hyperbaric oxygen therapy helps promote health and overall wellness in your body, including:
- Initiating the growth of new blood vessels and increasing blood and nutrient flow to your tissues
- Reducing inflammation, swelling, and pain in your body
- Boosting your white blood cells, helping to fight bacteria and infection
Another great draw to hyperbaric oxygen therapy is it’s effectiveness in treating certain conditions with few side effects, which are mild and quick to pass in the rare instances that they do occur. Treatments usually take about one hour, depending on your condition. Some conditions that hyperbaric oxygen therapy is great for include:
- Sudden vision or hearing loss
- Skin graft problems
- Gangrene and other infections that cause tissue necrosis
- Helps decrease Acute or Chronic Inflammation
- Increases Anti-inflammatory Cytokines
- Reduces Risk of Alzheimer’s & Parkinson’s
- May improve Brain Function & Performance
- Increases Regeneration of Nervous system
- Helps decrease Gastrointestinal inflammation
- Relieves soft tissue & joint inflammation
- Helps burns heal faster
- Decompression sickness
- Diabetic wounds
- Severe anemia
- Radiation injuries
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is also helpful in treating cancer. It works by making your cancer cells easier to kill before chemotherapy and radiation treatments.
Start feeling better, younger, and more rejuvenated today and call us or book an appointment right on our website today.